Friday, September 11, 2009

DJ THEO making the"digital" jump

DJ THEO703, making the jump from CDs to a digital format/laptop format.

+After Djing for several years using Cds I am now finally making the jump to a laptop based DJ system known as Serato. It is not a cheap upgrade by any means. But I know it will make me a more organized DJ and save me time in between mixes.

_When a patron asks me to play a particular song I have to dig through pages of CDs to find that song. Take for example last night a young lady asked me to play "Scenario" Tribe Called Quest. Well I know I have it, just where??? I got really lucky and found it on a cd.

Also CDS are very fragile and are susceptible to scratches more than any other music format. We will have to see how it goes.
I plan on using RANE Serato, Apple Macbook pro, CDJ 800mk2's etc.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget that Hard Drives are kind of fragile too. I remember a night I was spinning at a club and one of the guess dj's had an 500GB External Drive with all his music for Serato. He did set-up everything and when he tried to turn on his Drive it didn't work. Fortunately he had a mixed CD. So don't forget that and always carry some back-ups.

    ReplyDelete