Friday, October 23, 2009

DIGITAL DJing

After making the "jump" to digital DJing, I must say it is a whole easier to DJ. Using the Serato software has improved my song selection. Whereas before I would have to spend time diging through books of CDS, I know just type in the song name or search by artist and VIOALA song is ready to be mixed in. What a dream! There are a few cons. Nothing is perfect. I was setting up for a "gig" last week and my serato was completely messed up, I panicked and called a good friend of mine and he advised to turn everything off and start from scratch. That did the trick.

Unfortunately I think this is the way DJing is heading. What ever happened to good old vinyl? That sound will never be duplicated. I wonder what our kids will be using?

Just like Guitar hero, there is now DJ Hero out on the market. This program is availible for all major gaming platforms. It seems to be the currnet trend in interractive video games.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment